International Archive of Women in Architecture
The mission of the International Archive of Women in Architecture (IAWA) is to document the history of women's involvement in architecture, interior and industrial design, landscape architecture, urban design and planning, architectural history and criticism, and the records of women's professional organizations.
- Photography Exhibition Documents Recovery of a Japanese Town after Earthquake and Tsunami
- 2013 Milka Bliznakov Research Prize - Call for Proposals
- In Memoriam: Milka Bliznakov
It is with great sadness that we bring you news of the death of our friend and colleague Milka Bliznakov on Thursday, November 4 at her home in Blacksburg. As many of you know, we recently held the IAWA Center Annual Meeting here at Virginia Tech on Saturday, October 25. Milka was present as we all remember her — an active presence at the meeting and unwavering in her support for the goal of the IAWA Center. We will cherish her enthusiasm for the legacy she established along with many other fond memories.
- International Union of Women Architects (UIFA) meeting in Seoul, South Korea in Oct. 2010
- Exhibition: Glass Ceilings - Highlights from the International Archive of Women in Architecture at the Virginia Center for Architecture
- Timeline: Three Decades of the IAWA
- 2009 Milka Bliznakov Prize winners announced
For more information regarding the IAWA, please contact:
G. T. Ward Professor of Architecture
IAWA Center Director and Chair, IAWA Board of Advisors
201 Cowgill Hall (0205)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
tel: (540) 231-5512
fax: (540) 231-9938
Visit the web page of the IAWA collection in the Special Collections department of the University Newman Library: spec.lib.vt.edu/iawa/.