Site Navigation:

News

19 May 2017

A+D Faculty Contribute to New History of Architecture Book Series

A+D faculty members Markus Breitschmid and Hilary Bryon were invited to contribute chapters to a new History of Architecture book series, the comprehensive 4-volume set, Companions to the History of Architecture, edited by eminent scholar Harry Francis Mallgrave, and published by Wiley-Blackwell in London in April 2017 [ISBN: 978-1-4443-3851-5]. Dr. Bryon’s chapter is titled "Contra-Construction: Theo Van Doesburg’s Oblique View of Modern Architecture." Dr. Breitschmid’s chapter, “Glass House at Cologne,” discusses the landmark Glass Pavilion of 1914 by the German architect Bruno Taut. Both chapters are included in Volume IV: Twentieth-Century Architecture, edited by David Leatherbarrow and Alexander Eisenschmidt.

Glass_House.jpg
Bruno Taut, Glass House at Cologne, 1914