IAWA Symposium 2016
March 25-26, 2016
|In celebration of Women’s History Month in March, the International Archive of Women in Architecture (IAWA) Center, the College of Architecture and Urban Studies, and University Libraries will host a two-day symposium March 25-26 on Virginia Tech’s campus featuring two special exhibitions and three speakers.|
- 30 × 30, The Cube at the Moss Arts Center, 10 am-4 pm, March 25-26
- In addition, Special Collections, located on the ground floor of Newman Library, will display selected original items and papers from women of the IAWA archives from 10 am to 4 pm, March 25 and 26.
- Kristine K. Fallon, Architect
“Centrality of Information to Building”
10 am, March 25, 2016
- Anna P. Sokolina, Architectural Historian, Educator, and Curator
“Architecture Profile of the Communist Utopia”
11 am, March 25, 2016
- Laura P. Spinadel, Architect
“Playing from the Inside. Interactions and operational randomness. A new Chapter in Vienna’s Urban History: the Campus WU”
1 pm, March 25, 2016
The speakers and exhibitions are free and open to the public.
In addition, the IAWA will host a special pre-symposium workshop on Wed., March 23rd from 1 pm to 4 pm in Cowgill Hall room 300. The workshop, “Gameboard of Realization,” directed by Laura P. Spinadel, will explore novel tools for negotiating and evaluating spatial qualities.